THIS IS AN ARCHIVED PAGE OF THE RAUTAVAARA COMPETITION 2012
Applications must consist of:
1. Three copies of an unperformed and unpublished work composed by the applicant for a cappella choir of 8-12 singers (maximum 3 singers each of sopranos, altos, tenors and basses), 4-6 minutes in duration. The score must not be marked with the applicant’s name or any other indication that might allow the selecting panel to identify the applicant. The score must be submitted on A4 size paper.
2. A completed application form. You can download the application form here.
3. A current photograph
4. A photocopy of the photo page of the applicant’s passport.
5. Three copies of the CD recording and score of a vocal or instrumental work composed by the applicant. The work may include electronic elements but must be performable first and foremost by live musicians. The CD and score should not include the applicant’s name or any other indication that might allow the selecting panel to identify the applicant.
6. A letter of recommendation from a musician of renown (this may also be the applicant’s teacher).
7. Application fee of 60 euros (proof of transfer), payable to the Helsinki Chamber Choir. The applicant must pay all applicable bank charges, such that the Helsinki Chamber Choir receives the full sum of 60 euros.
Account name: ---------------
Message: Rautavaara Workshop, applicant’s name
Applications (including proof of transfer of the application fee) should be sent to the following address to arrive no later than 30 September 2011:
International Einojuhani Rautavaara Competition
Radion kamarikuoron laulajat ry
Please address all enquiries about the Rautavaara Workshop and Competition to the Competition Manager, Martti Anttila:
competition (at) helsinkichamberchoir (dot) fi